Please join us on Sunday July 10th at the Mariners Inn on Cass in Detroit from 10am to 2pm.
More details at the event page.
This video gives a really good over-view of Street Store and we feel what they do aligns very well with our mission at Burners without Borders Detroit.
Please get involved by donating clothes or helping set up the day fo the event. More details to come on how to do both.
Got this tag today from Lianna Trimble.. big thanks to Little Latka!! ( my nickname for her)
Thank you so much to Danielle Doxie Kaltz for helping me get together some much needed items for a homeless friend. Along with the backpack, gloves, and hat that Ms. Doxie supplied, I’ve added a few things.
1. Cheap Plastic Shower Curtain- it’s hard to find a dry spot to lay down in the winter. A tarp or plastic sheet (like a shower curtain) can make a life-saving difference in the snow.
2. Tea Packets- it’s easier to get a free cup of hot water from a gas station, and then they can add their own tea.
3. Hotel Shampoo/Soap – got any leftover hotel goodies lying around? These are great backpack stuffers, and they add some much needed luxury. Just because a person is homeless, doesn’t mean they can’t appreciate nice things. It’s the little things that make us feel more human.
4. Candy – a little sugar goes a long way for quick energy, and the addition of something sweet can put a much-needed smile on their face.
5. Towel + Washcloth – a towel can be used as a pillow, a summer blanket, a useful accessory at the YMCA, etc. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy has always been correct about this.
6. Fleece Blanket – These are super cheap, thin enough to be rolled up small, and extremely important in the cold weather.
I’m an incorrigible packrat, so I had all of this lying around. If anyone needs any more towels/sheets, I have more to give. ♥
WHAT???? ZAK and what army..presents….Nonsense Night…
The theme is ABUNDANCE
(Mirthy, Abundant, Ghost of xmas present, Winter Solstice, Muppets Christmas Carol.. sorta vibes)
& since it’s merryment season we seek to not only swim in the lakes of gorgeous goodnesses we have found for ourselves,
but to give back alittle golden greatnessnesses to our community.
For Burners Without Borders Detroit, PLEASE BRING…. SOCKS, HATS, GLOVES AND $5. Mc Donalds GIft Cards.. these are what we are in most need of.
POTLUCK in the BALCONY
most desirable foods would be finger-foods that don’t require utensils. If you bring a fabulous dish that requires utensils please supply the utensils. Best to arrive early (7:30-8:15) if you’re bringing a dish.
Cover is donation based. We say it’s $5-? but what we really mean is give what you think the experience is worth, relative to what you are able to give
white clothing OPTIONAL
To celebrate Solstice and the the return of the sunlight, white/light creative clothing and costume-age is encouraged.
Neebo of Downtown Brown (solo acoustic)
Zak & What Army?
Azareen and Celeste, bellydance duo
With a very magical ritual of Abundance by Fox & Wolf at 9:15 sharp.
Come & bring several opend minded friends..
it’s gonna be golden.
This weekend Jessca and Aaron hosted the 9th annual Ferndale Santarchy event!
According to the event organizers; “TOTAL CASH DONATIONS RAISED FROM THIS EVENT: $373!!!! Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who came out and enjoyed this event. This equates to 75 $5 McDonalds gift cards, or immense amounts of other needed items to pack into backpacks for the homeless population in the Detroit metro area. Look what WE have done. 75 human beings can walk into a McDonalds and have a warm, safe place to stay for up to 5 visits.”
Last year they raised $231 which was the first year they started collecting donations for Burners Without Borders Detroit.
Huge thanks to everyone involved and to all who donated. Giving a warm place for someone to eat a meal is a gift we take for granted.
here were the event details..
THIS SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12TH 2015!
* Cash donations of any amount are WELCOMED AND ENCOURAGED!!! (But NOT required to participate!)(Our goal is to raise additional funds for the Burners without Borders Detroit backpack packing project. Funds will be used to purchase items of great need (food, handwarmers, $5 McDonalds gift cards). Tis the season! Please see Jessca and stuff her rubber chicken purse with your dollars $$$ (Please touch my cock!)
*Wear your finest (or worst) holiday related garb! Don all ye santa hats, reindeer antlers, christmas tree outfits, Darth Clause, yadda yadda, nonsense nosense!
* We WALK from bar to bar to bar, so dress warm!
* Bring your ID: 21+ to participate!
Sara’s rule still applies – If you contact the organizers at any point in the night to find out where we are, you owe us a drink!
* If for any reason a bar does not let you in/requires cover, please proceed to the next venue. We do our best to have it all taken care of, but sometimes capacity is an issue
*** Please be respectful of the venues we have been allowed to be silly in. Don’t be a jerk. Seriously.
8-9 Sneakers Pub
12-1 Grasshopper Underground
Should be a fun night! If you have any questions, please let me know.
HUGE thanks to Jon Kollar and Beard Balm of Detroit.. again for the 3rd year in a row he has donated over 400 cans to go in the backpacks for the homeless!!
If you have a beard or know a man who does.. i suggest you look this company up. They smell so good.. natural essential oils do that!
You can buy them locally.. check out the website to find out where..
or you can buy on the website.. here is the link- http://www.beardbalm.us/
THANK YOU TO Everyone who was naughty cuz you all sure were nice to BWB!!
Easily between 500 and 600 cans of food were collected.
610$ were raised from the DAMNED Art Auction. ..an additional $40 from a generous vendor. for a total of $650…
$260 collected on Square.. after fees= $249.83 not bad.
FROM THE EVENT ORGANIZERS
|Krampus Night posted in Krampus Night V – A Not-So-Holiday Art/Film/Bazaar/Variety Show and Charity Benefit Spectacular!!!.
|We at Krampus Night™ wish to thank you all for quite an amazing night!! But before we list go on with out thanks, please consider either signing up to Krampus Newsletter or join the “Naughty List” Facebook newsgroup to be informed of our event next year, as well as the art calls, KRAP crafting parties and bazaar opportunities:
Much deep thanks goes to always awesome staff of Tangent Gallery / Hastings Street Ballroom for graciously hosting our event this year and allowing us to Kramp up the place!
Great thanks also goes to all the amazing artists and filmmakers of the Wreck The Halls™ exhibition and film festival, as well as the wonderful merchants of the Krampus Bazaar! And much much thanks to the naughty crafting of the Krampus Recrafting Antidecoration Party (KRAP) for the wondrous “holiday” crafts that decorated the venue!
A hearty bow goes to the hilarious and talented performers of the Christmahanakwanza Variety Show Spectacular… Satori Circus, Lushes Lamoan, Sofia Syntaxx, Bootsie La Fontaine, Scott Dambacher and Konrad Lee, Lounge singer Extraordinaire! And a hearty howl into the air goes to the big man himself, Krampus, conjured to life by the insanely talented Luke MacGilvray!
Also much love goes to all the DAMNED and Corpus Illuminata artists who generously donated their art for the auction that raised almost $700 for Burners without Borders Detroit that will greatly help feed and clothe the homeless on our cold city streets. Also a naughty salute to Noir Leather for the use of their throne for Krampus!
And of course, we thank Gretchen, Justine, Sean and Tirchian for their gracious help with the event itself!
And most of all….THANK YOU who attended and made this all one fantastic night of fun and naughtiness! We look forward to doing this again next year. Again, join our newsletter or group (links above) to be notified.